Here is the first book for the Lucerne Project. Click on the image above to play a short slideshow. The book consists of eight pages, each 6.5 " high by 11" wide, in an accordion fold that opens out to be 89" wide. The method of making the book was as follows:
- Trawl the internet for publicly-available photos of Lucerne that people have uploaded to the web.
- Print out small jpegs.
- Xerox the jpegs and enlarge by as much as 1000%.
- Ink and print the xeroxes onto light grey printmaking paper.
- Write a short phrase suggested by each image.
- Edit the phrases slightly so that they connect to each other.
- Print each phrase onto the corresponding print.
- Glue the pages into one long strip, with the division between each page scored so that they can be folded up accordion-style.